Springtime Strawberry Cake Roll
Slathered with fresh strawberry whipped lotion, this Spring Strawberry Cake Move is perfect for parties and welcoming a brand new season.
The post Spring Blood Cake Roll appeared first upon Honest Cooking.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, cut up
- Additional whole strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs with vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; fold gently into egg mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased and waxed paper-lined jelly roll pan. Spread batter evenly over pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Turn out onto a cloth that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off the paper from cake; roll up cloth and cake. Cool.
- For filling, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla. Unroll cake and spread filling over it; sprinkle with strawberries. Roll up the cake again and chill 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; garnish with strawberries, and additional whipped cream if desired.
1 slice: 237 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.