Slathered with fresh strawberry whipped lotion, this Spring Strawberry Cake Move is perfect for parties and welcoming a brand new season.
The post Spring Blood Cake Roll appeared first upon Honest Cooking.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, cut up
- Additional whole strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs with vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; fold gently into egg mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased and waxed paper-lined jelly roll pan. Spread batter evenly over pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Turn out onto a cloth that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off the paper from cake; roll up cloth and cake. Cool.
- For filling, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla. Unroll cake and spread filling over it; sprinkle with strawberries. Roll up the cake again and chill 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; garnish with strawberries, and additional whipped cream if desired.
1 slice: 237 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Cricut Product Gallery
Hot and Best BBQ – Grill Masters
Wine of the Month Club
See all El Paso listings in 79936
Best Chef contestant Sara Bradley holds a spot in the finals in Lexington drawing quite a bit of attention to her house state of Kentucky.
The blog post-Top Chef and Sarah Bradley Puts All Eyes on Lexington appeared first on Honest Food preparation.
El Paso and Socorro listings in 79927
Eat fish daily
Fire and Smoke
Butcher Box Review
Best Espresso made in your Home for 2019 – 1st In Coffee
This particular wonderfully savory and flavorful vegetarian muffuletta sandwich swaps in meaty roasted eggplant and marinated portobello mushrooms for the traditional deli meat. There's an easy vegan adaptation, as well.
The post Vegetarian Muffuletta Meal appeared first on Honest Food preparation.
- 1 bread loaf
- 1 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 can black olives, chopped
- 1 ounce red bell pepper pieces
- 1/2 cup Italian mixed vegetables
- 2 ounces white cheese slices
- 2/3 cup oil of your choice
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
This sandwich mixture needs to sit overnight for all the flavors to meld.
Place all three olive varieties in a bowl. Add chopped roasted red bell pepper and giardiniera. Add the oil, parsley, capers, salt and pepper.
Mix well, cover and put into the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
About an hour before serving. – slice your loaves in half.
Scoop out some of the center of each roll if it is too fat. Save the breadcrumbs for another recipe. They freeze for months.
Spoon half of the olive salad on your roll. Add a layer of sliced dairy free cheese, a layer if seitan, if used, a layer of red bell peppers and pile on more olive salad.
Top with the other half roll. Wrap tightly with waxed paper or parchment paper.
Set the sandwich or sandwiches on a big plate and place a heavy weight on top to compress the sandwiches. Something like an iron skillet. This helps the juices to be absorbed a bit into the bread.
Unwrap and serve.
Santa Teresa Homes For Sale
Free ITIL® Training
Jura – 1st in Coffee
Easiest Iced Coffee You Will Ever Make
Wine of the Month Club™
About 1st In Coffee